Borrow a Book | Complete Lending List
Law Office Procedures Manual for Solos and Small Firms
by Demetrios Dimitriou
Lending Library Number: 49
NOTE: Due to licensing restrictions, the CD that accompanies this book is not available for loan.
This new, revised edition of the Law Office Procedures Manual for Solos and Small Firms provides you with everything you need to establish an appropriate organizational structure to allow your firm to operate effectively, efficiently, and productively. It's a step-by-step guide offering advice and ideas for building and maintaining a thoroughly professional staff and practice.
You'll prepare a customized procedures manual that:
- Presents a clear and accurate statement of your firm's purpose, goals, and credentials
- Outlines personnel policies with clarity and sensitivity
- Allows you to state expectations for employee attendance and behavior
- Sets out standards for confidentiality and ethical conduct of employees
- Establishes procedures for billing and record keeping
- Specifies formatting of all practice documents and correspondence
- Allows you to anticipate questions and implement policies for employee issues
- Helps to ensure clients are treated politely and professionally
Entire Text on CD-ROM (NOTE: Due to licensing restrictions, the CD that accompanies this book is not available for
The accompanying CD-ROM contains the entire text of the manual in Microsoft Word format, providing a user-friendly template for a written version of your firm's policies and procedures. Pick and choose sections that work for you, modify others, and discard what isn't applicable, a cookbook approach to tailoring a procedures manual to perfectly fit your office practice and setting.
New and Improved Edition
Mr. Dimitriou has added new information to address the many changes affecting the practice of law. New forms and information has been added this time in all new chapters on starting and ending client relationships, client fee issues, and client confidentiality.