Borrow a Book | Complete Lending List
The 2010 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide
by Sharon D. Nelson, John W. Simek, Michael C. Maschke
Lending Library Number: 141
This annual guide is the only one of its kind written to help solo and small firm lawyers find the best technology for their dollar. You'll find the most current information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, legal software, printers, security products, smart phones, and anything else a law office might need. It's written in clear, easily understandable language to make implementation easier if you choose to do it yourself, or you can use it in conjunction with your IT consultant. Either way, you'll learn how to make technology work for you.
- A complete, unbiased overview of current legal technology products
- Step-by-step instructions for making sound technology decisions
- How to choose the right operating system and software for your office, including case management applications, billing systems, and document management solutions
- Determining what you need to go wireless
- How to protect your firm from security threats, including viruses, spyware, and spam
- And much more!
This new and updated edition also includes an Introduction and a new chapter, Paperless or Paper LESS: The Quest to Sanely Manage Paper in Practice, by Ross L. Kodner!