Date: June 12-13, 2015
Location: Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island
Register online or by mail/fax form PDF
Seminar Schedule PDF
You won't want to miss this opportunity to get the latest developments in case law and invaluable technology and practice management tips, all while enjoying the ambiance of the historic Grand Hotel on beautiful Mackinac Island! Join your friends and colleagues for two days of comprehensive legal education featuring top-notch presenters.
- Real Property Law: New Developments & Practice Tips
- Family Law Update
- Practical Advise From the Bench
- Estate Planning & Elder Law Update
- Recognizing, Managing, & Avoiding Malpractice Pitfalls
- Taxation of Real Property Interests: Current Issues
Join us and see why so many Michigan attorneys rely on the Upper Michigan Legal Institute to provide them with the latest developments in case law!
"Best way to keep up with legal issues in a lovely setting."
–Kathryn L. Tierney, Brimley
"A one-time annual update on several important topics."
–Hon. Robert J. Butts, Cheboygan
"Law is a dynamic and complex discipline. This conference provides the necessary tools for attorneys to deliver excellent legal services. Outstanding."
–Elizabeth A. Cameron, Alma
Family Law Update
• Case law update
• Marital & separate property
• Attorney fee issues
• Practice tips & take-aways
Real Property Law Developments & Practice Tips
• Legislative developments
• Case law update
• Hot issues
Planning & Elder Law
• Durable powers of attorney
• Uncapping property at death
• Medicaid developments
• Digital assets
- Criminal Law Update
- Current Developments with Medical Marijuana
- Jurisdiction In and
Out of Tribal Court
- 45 in 45! Tips, Sites, Gadgets, & Tools for Your Firm
- Start-up Success: Forming a Small Business
Year in Review