Date: June 14-15, 2013
Location: Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island
Register online or by mail/fax form PDF
• Activities Schedule PDF
• Grand Hotel Reservation Form PDF
• Attendees receive a special rate with Shepler's Ferry—only $18 for adult round-trip tickets! Purchase tickets online (Promotion Code: MIBAR) or at the dock. Special pricing is valid for both the Mackinaw City and St. Ignace routes. View the Ferry Schedule
You won't want to miss this opportunity to get the latest developments in case law and invaluable technology and practice management tips, all while enjoying the ambiance of the historic Grand Hotel on beautiful Mackinac Island! Join your friends and colleagues for two days of comprehensive legal education featuring top-notch presenters. Seminars will include family, real property, and probate & estate planning law updates.
Family Law Update
• Caselaw update
• Property division issues
• Practice tips
Real Property Law Developments & Practice Tips
• Legislative developments
• Caselaw update
• Hot issues
Probate & Estate
• Durable powers of attorney
• Estate, gift & GST tax update
• Probate developments
• Estate recovery litigation
• Digital assets
- Potential Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability Cases
- Criminal Trial Strategies & Tactics
- Federal Practice & Procedure
- A Paperless Office
- All Things iPad
- Social Media Issues
- Evidentiary Issues in Divorce
- Foreclosures and Short Sales
Join us and see why so many Michigan attorneys rely on the Upper Michigan Legal Institute to provide them with the latest developments in case law!
"Year after year a terrific program in a beautiful setting."
–Victoria Radke, Escanaba
"I received great practice tips and sample forms that I will implement in my practice."
–Gary Veurink, Muskegon
"I have attended this seminar for many years. It always has great content & speakers. Plus Mackinac Island is a fabulous place to bring your family."
–Mark Otto, Manistee